Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Veggies










I spent an afternoon on the weekend planting veggies: onions, garlic, leeks, spinach, pak choy, Asian greens.  I made an error with the leeks, bought three punnets thinking that would be 24 plants. I discovered that what I thought was one plant turned out to be three or four, so ended up planting 60-70 leeks. It took ages to carefully plant and mulch each one.  Usually when i'm planting I find myself thinking about all the things I'll be able to make when the plant is ready to eat.  There are not that many things I know to do with leeks so it is little wonder that I found myself thinking about fabric instead.  About dresses I had seen with vegetable prints on them.  Sounds quirky but the garments I had seen were part of the Dolce and Gabana Spring/Summer 2012 collection and are, I think, quite beautiful.  Do you like them?
Later I searched on line for fabrics with vegetable prints. Robert Kaufman has a variety of cottons, meant for patchwork, I guess.  And there are a whole heap on this site The bottom picture would give a whole new meaning to "this dress makes me look like a sack of potatoes" (LOL)  Bet there will be a lot more veggie print fabric next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment