Saturday, October 8, 2011

Savers

I've just discovered Savers, Melbourne's Recycle Superstores.  Dunno how come its taken me two years to find them - and even then it was only lucky that it came up during a conversation with a friend about op-shops.  After hearing about them I headed off to the one at Footscay the very next day. There I found some little treasures of fabric.  Two pieces are pictured below.  The first is an iconic Ken Done print, I think from the early 1980's.  I got two skirts out of this.  The second was a souvenir of Western Australia table cloth.  100% linen.  I love the colours in both of these.


The next week I was at a market at Brunswick and popped into the Savers there and found some more amazing pieces of fabric that I will be upcycling soon.  Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment