Thursday, September 8, 2011

Red, White and Blue, I do love you!

Some time ago I bought a quilt cover.  It was a second. Not much wrong with it that I could find but  I happily cut it up and used it to make new things.
First I made this skirt, using cut off jeans for the top.


Then I made this skirt


and lastly I have made this dress

It still needs a belt but that will have to wait until I get to the shops to get some petersham ribbon so that I can finish that.  The belt is in the check fabric.  The pattern for this was a 1960's one

  Just for fun I added the fox applique - coz I know only a foxy woman would want to wear this rebellious little dress - well it was back in the 60's when women were challenging the status quo in all sorts of ways.


The first skirt has already gone to a good home.  The second one is for sale in my Blue Caravan shop
When I finish the dress it too will be for sale in one of my on-line shops.   There is still a little bit of the quilt fabric left.  Not sure what I will do with that yet but in the mean time - here's to red, white and blue!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic number of things you have created from one...the top skirt is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving so much of Information. Ruby red Dee’s is a best place to buy handmade clothing and accessories. Ruby Red Dee’s

    ReplyDelete