Monday, November 19, 2012

Andy Warhoo? Dress

The Big Ones for ’68 Paper Dress by Universal Fashions, USA, 1968. Photo: Panos Davios. © ATOPOS collection. via the Barbican Museum 

As soon as I saw the faces fabric at IKEA I had in mind the paper dress with 1968's famous faces, painted by Andy Warhol.  I used a vintage mail order pattern from the 1960s to make the dress, which looks like a simple shift dress from the front but wraps at the back to do up with two buttons.  It is a fun dress that turned out just the way I had hoped

2 comments:

  1. Louise: you are a genius. And you deserve fame for far longer than Andy Warhol's 15 minutes!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12. Would be so rapt if you joined us!
    There's a little giveaway too. :-)
    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
    Take care,
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete