Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Slow Day


I'm in the Grampians.  After a sleep in, and a breakfast of steaming oatmeal porridge, I took an hour long walk to get the paper.  In the shop  Slow magazine caught my eye, so I bought it.  Reading the magazine later over coffee I discovered that today, this very day, June 21st, is International Day of Slowness.  It's a day set aside to make a statement against haste, an opportunity for reflection, and a day to celebrate all things slow.


So I spent the afternoon doing a spot of slow sewing, gazing at the magnificent mountains

and the beautiful trees I can see from my window, pausing every now and then just to think about 'things'



Tonight I am going to read my novel, slowly.  If today's anything to go by,  I wish everyday was slow day.



No comments:

Post a Comment